SHAREit for Mac: If you are a fan of Apple software, the most special devices in the Apple family are MacBooks. MacBooks and iMac run MacOS that is similar to iOS but much more powerful and task heavy. While MacBooks are thin laptops that can be used for daily use, iMacs are powerful desktop PCs used for heavy tasking. Both devices demand a file transfer app for quick and easy media sharing. SHAREit for Mac is the best app for MacOS to transfer files between devices. Learn how to download SHAREit for MacBook and iMac for free below.
SHAREit currently has a 5 star rating in iTunes and Mac App Store making it one of the highest rated and best apps for iOS and MacOS.
MacOS also has an iTunes store where you can download latest software compatible with MacBooks and iMacs. At present, MacOS Sierra is the latest version running on both laptops and desktop PCs. Download SHAREit v4.0 latest version from below and start sharing pics and videos with your friends.
SHAREit for Mac
SHAREit v4.0 is mentioned as the latest version in Windows OS. But for MacOS, v0.9.0 is the latest version that is currently available in Mac App store. The app is free to install and runs only on 64-bit processor which is available in all new generation MacOS devices. Family Sharing option is also enabled on SHAREit Mac, so that once you install the file your family members can also use it without reinstalling again. The Mac App Store version is called uSHAREit and is of 4.9 MB in size.
According the Mac App Store, SHAREit app is compatible with the following operating systems:
- MacOS X Yosemite (OS X 10.10)
- MacOS X El Capitan (OS X 10.11)
- MacOS X Sierra (OS X 10.12)
- MacOS X High Sierra (OS X 10.13)
All the above MacOS versions are already equipped with a 64 bit processor and Wi-Fi features. So, it is recommended that you install the app only on the above OS. If you are using an iPhone or iPad, you must download SHAREit for iOS and install it on your mobiles.
Download SHAREit for MacBook, iMac Free
|App||SHAREit for Mac|
|Requires||OS X 10.10 and higher|
Visit the above link and download the file securely from MediaFire server. Install on MacBook and iMac.
As both MacBooks and iMacs run the same operating system, you can install the above file on both devices. To install third party apps on MacOS, we need .dmg files which is the only working file extension compatible is OS X. This is similar to installing .exe files directly on Windows computers. All the dmg files will be scanned before installation.
Install SHAREit for Mac via iTunes
As SHAREit is a legal app, it’s publicly available on iTunes Store. If you own a MacBook or iMac, you can directly install SHAREit through App Store. To do this, you need an internet connection and a working Apple ID. Follow the below steps to install SHAREit on Mac with iTunes.
- Go to itunes.apple.com and search for ‘SHAREit’. You will reach the official installation page for the app. To visit directly, click here.
- You will see ‘Visit in Mac App Store’ option under the app icon.
- Click on it to open App Store in your Mac directly. Sign in with your Apple ID and select ‘Get’.
- SHAREit will be installed as a disk file and also as an App in ‘Applications’ folder.
- Eject the disk and use SHAREit for Mac via Applications.
Install SHAREit manually via dmg file
If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can always install Mac apps through source files. The .dmg file extensions are compatible with MacOS and hence we can install SHAREit app manually without using internet. All features are same with both methods. The downside though is that you have to wait till the App Store detects the app and send automatic updates.
- Download SHAREit for Mac v0.9.0 .dmg file from above.
- Click ‘Open’ after download. The app will create a remote disk file on desktop.
- When the disk is mounted, you will see SHAREit app. Move it to applications folder.
- Now right click on the disk and select ‘Eject’.
- SHAREit will be available to use in Applications folder.
Visit https://www-shareit.com to get latest news about SHAREit.